Starcrossed by Josephine Angelini

6:56 PM

Starcrossed (Starcrossed, #1)Title: Starcrossed
Author: Josephine Angelini
Publisher: HarperTeen
Release: May 31, 2011
Pages: 496
Series: Starcrossed #1
Synopsis:
How do you defy destiny?
 
Helen Hamilton has spent her entire sixteen years trying to hide how different she is—no easy task on an island as small and sheltered as Nantucket. And it's getting harder. Nightmares of a desperate desert journey have Helen waking parched, only to find her sheets damaged by dirt and dust. At school she's haunted by hallucinations of three women weeping tears of blood . . . and when Helen first crosses paths with Lucas Delos, she has no way of knowing they're destined to play the leading roles in a tragedy the Fates insist on repeating throughout history.

As Helen unlocks the secrets of her ancestry, she realizes that some myths are more than just legend. But even demigod powers might not be enough to defy the forces that are both drawing her and Lucas together—and trying to tear them apart.

Review:
After hearing all the hype that was being built up around Starcrossed and seeing all the great reviews it was getting, I knew that I would be picking it up the day it came out. Lucky enough for me, my local bookstore (best bookstore EVER!) got it in a few days early and I dove into it and devoured it. Wow, was it ever good. I loved how Helen and Lucas had such amazing chemistry all the time, even when they wanted to kill each other, literally. The writing was fairly descriptive and smooth, making the reader feel immersed and a part of Helen's world. I really enjoyed that other points of view were involved, but not too frequently that it became all about those other characters. The story itself was my favorite part of this book. Just the fact that I have never read anything like this was a huge part of it for me. When all was said and done, Starcrossed was a hugely lovable story that puts a twist on mythology, earning it a 5/5.


You Might Also Like

0 comments

Thanks for commenting! I love getting feedback or just say Hi!

Blog Lovin

Follow

Currently Reading

Walt Disney: An American Original

NetGalley

Professional Reader