City of Glass by Cassandra Clare

4:12 PM

City of Glass (The Mortal Instruments #3)Title: City of Glass
Author: Cassandra Clare
Publisher: Margaret K. McElderry
Release: March 24, 2009
Pages: 541
Series: The Mortal Instruments Series #3
Synopsis:
To save her mother's life, Clary must travel to the City of Glass, the ancestral home of the Shadowhunters -- never mind that entering the city without permission is against the Law, and breaking the Law could mean death. To make things worse, she learns that Jace does not want her there, and Simon has been thrown in prison by the Shadowhunters, who are deeply suspicious of a vampire who can withstand sunlight.

As Clary uncovers more about her family's past, she finds an ally in mysterious Shadow-hunter Sebastian. With Valentine mustering the full force of his power to destroy all Shadow-hunters forever, their only chance to defeat him is to fight alongside their eternal enemies. But can Downworlders and Shadowhunters put aside their hatred to work together? While Jace realizes exactly how much he's willing to risk for Clary, can she harness her new found powers to help save the Glass City -- whatever the cost?

Review:
I know, I know. I read this book long ago, but I did not review it right away. So here it goes. In this third installment of The Mortal Instruments series, I found myself to be just as taken by the plot as with the last two books, if not more so. As the book reached it's climax, I was yet again astounded by the quality of Cassandra Clare's writing and just how descriptive it was. As for the characters we all know and love, they continued to grow stronger in character and find who they really were. If I have not mentioned it before, I am completely Team Jace. And in the end, fans will be pleased with the outcome of this amazing book. This book deserves a 5/5 in my opinion for being so well written and for being able to keep the reader's attention all the way through.

You Might Also Like

4 comments

  1. Loved this book!!!! Go Jace Go!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am starting this series next. So excited. Sounds and looks so good.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Man, I feel like I'm the only one who hasn't read The Mortal Instrument series. Everyone just keeps raving about it. I'm going to have to make reading Book 1 of this series a goal for the summer.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great review! I really enjoyed this series!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting! I love getting feedback or just say Hi!

Blog Lovin

Follow

Currently Reading

Walt Disney: An American Original

NetGalley

Professional Reader