Unwind by Neal Shusterman

9:50 AM

UnwindTitle: Unwind
Author: Neal Shusterman
Publisher: Simon & Schuster Children's Publishing
Release: November 6, 2007
Pages: 335
Series: Unwind #1
Synopsis:
Connor, Risa, and Lev are running for their lives.

The Second Civil War was fought over reproductive rights. The chilling resolution: Life is inviolable from the moment of conception until age thirteen. Between the ages of thirteen and eighteen, however, parents can have their child "unwound," whereby all of the child's organs are transplanted into different donors, so life doesn't technically end. Connor is too difficult for his parents to control. Risa, a ward of the state is not enough to be kept alive. And Lev is a tithe, a child conceived and raised to be unwound. Together, they may have a chance to escape and to survive.

Review:
Unwind was a book that I've been wanting to read since I saw it online before I even began blogging. Before I had even gotten into dystopian. I finally got my hands on it when I went on a bit of a buying spree the other day. The storyline of Unwind was very involved and always moving at a breakneck pace. I loved how intertwined the characters stories were and how the story was told from so many different points of view so you really got to see all sides of the story. All of the characters were very well built and very dimensional. They made mistakes and were relatable to the reader because they were not perfect. The writing definitely had a different tone to it than most books have. It was also very good at setting up the setting so the reader knew about the world and the politics involved. And the ending will have you on the edge of your seat until the last page. The book made that future seem almost probable. Overall, this book definitely deserves a 5/5 in my opinion.

You Might Also Like

3 comments

  1. Great review! This is really high up on my wishlist since I have only been hearing good things about it. Glad you enjoyed it! [:

    Erin @ Let's Evaluate

    ReplyDelete
  2. I also liked this book, and saw online somewhere that there is supposed to be a sequel at some point.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes, the sequel is supposed to come out September 2012. I need it now!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting! I love getting feedback or just say Hi!

Blog Lovin

Follow

Currently Reading

Walt Disney: An American Original

NetGalley

Professional Reader