My Soul to Take by Rachel Vincent

12:48 AM

My Soul to Take (Soul Screamers, #1)Title: My Soul to Take
Author: Rachel Vincent
Publisher: Harlequin Teen
Release: August 1, 2009
Pages: 279
Series: Soul Screamers #1
Synopsis:
She doesn't see dead people. She senses when someone near her is about to die. And when that happens, a force beyond her control compels her to scream bloody murder. Literally.

Kaylee just wants to enjoy having caught the attention of the hottest guy in school. But a normal date is hard to come by when Nash seems to know more about her need to scream than she does. And when classmates start dropping dead for no apparent reason, only Kaylee knows who'll be next.

Review:
This is a series that I've been meaning to pick up for some time now and I finally went out and bought what I thought was the first book of the series, but it turned out to be the second. So I went back out and got the first so I could begin the series. And I was very pleased that I got this series now because I don't think I could have handled having to wait for the rest of the books to come out. The characters of this series were very interesting to read about. My one difficulty of this book was that the relation between Kaylee and her love interest was a little too instant for my taste. Apart from the too fast relationship, I did enjoy reading about these characters and seeing how they grew. The story was a continuously moving one, never moving too fast or too slow, but all ways moving. The writing was good, very descriptive and great at building the world that the story was set in. When all was said and done, My Soul to Take deserved a 4/5 in my opinion, the only thing bringing it down being the instant love.


You Might Also Like

0 comments

Thanks for commenting! I love getting feedback or just say Hi!

Blog Lovin

Follow

Currently Reading

Walt Disney: An American Original

NetGalley

Professional Reader