The Lost Hero by Rick Riordan

6:04 PM



















Title: The Lost Hero
Author: Rick Riordan
Publisher: Hyperion
Rating: 4.5/5
Release: October 12, 2010
Pages: 553
Series: The Heroes of Olympus
Synopsis:
After saving Olympus from the evil Titan lord, Kronos, Percy and friends have rebuilt their beloved Camp Half-Blood, where the next generation of demigods must now prepare for a chilling prophecy of their own:

Seven half-bloods shall answer the call,
To storm or fire the world must fall.
An oath to keep with a final breath,
And foes bear arms to the Doors of Death.

Now, in a brand-new series from blockbuster best-selling author Rick Riordan, fans return to the world of Camp Half-Blood. Here, a new group of heroes will inherit a quest. But to survive the journey, they’ll need the help of some familiar demigods.

Review:
I have been wanting to review this one for a while now. I just kept starting other book reviews and then not remembering this one until I was half way done the other reviews. And being me, I would always want to get the other ones done first so I don't get a huge stack of half reviewed books, then I would forget to review this book. But not today. I will review this one and get it done forever. Well, not forever, I'll probably go back and read it once I've read all my other books. That'll be in forever.

First off, yes I've read all the Percy Jackson books. And you should read them before this one if you haven't already. They are great books but now I'm getting off topic. This book successfully continues what the Percy Jackson Series created. This whole world is just amazing and it's one that no other book right now has what with involving the Greek and Roman gods this time around.

The new characters were beautifully written. Rick creates these realistic, relatable characters with endearing qualities and quirky flaws that just make you love the characters even more. They aren't perfect, but that's what makes you love them. And the way he sewed in the new characters to the storyline was just brilliant.

The only draw back to this story is at times is seems kind of repetitive. Not in any particular way, but there's always this constant feeling of deja vu that I didn't like. Honestly that's the only negative thing I could think of about this whole book.

Altogether this is an amazing book that can be read by children and teenagers alike.

PS: The picture hates me in this one so that's why it's above the book information.


You Might Also Like

0 comments

Thanks for commenting! I love getting feedback or just say Hi!

Blog Lovin

Follow

Currently Reading

Walt Disney: An American Original

NetGalley

Professional Reader