Evermore by Alyson Noel

12:49 PM

Title: Evermore
Author: Alyson Noel
Publisher: St. Martin's Griffin
Release: February 3, 2009 (paperback)
Rating: 4/5
Pages: 301
Series: Immortals Series
Synopsis:
Since a horrible accident claimed the lives of her family, sixteen-year-old Ever can see auras, hear people’s thoughts, and know a person’s life story by touch. Going out of her way to shield herself from human contact to suppress her abilities has branded her as a freak at her new high school—but everything changes when she meets Damen Auguste...

Ever sees Damen and feels an instant recognition. He is gorgeous, exotic and wealthy, and he holds many secrets. Damen is able to make things appear and disappear, he always seems to know what she’s thinking—and he’s the only one who can silence the noise and the random energy in her head. She doesn’t know who he really is—or what he is. Damen equal parts light and darkness, and he belongs to an enchanted new world where no one ever dies.

Review:
Now there's one thing I don't understand. Why don't some people like this book? It keeps moving and it has some great action scenes in it. The romance is good in it too.

The cover, at first I wasn't crazy about it but then it grew on me. I liked the purple and tulips but the actual picture itself just wasn't my favorite. The text was cool though and I like how it looks like it's kind of glowing. My favorite part of the cover though is the fact it's purple. My favorite color. I also love how the tulips from the book were Incorporated into the cover as slight foreshadowing.
Enough on the cover though. The story. I believe that this was the best book so far of The Immortals series. I loved how unique the premise was, there is nothing else that I am aware of out there like this book. It also had romance that was good because of the factor of the unknown element to Damen. Ever was a good protagonist in this book as she wasn't the 'it' girl, she was the kid whom everyone picks on. I really liked how she wasn't the golden girl and it was a story told from the picked on's perspective. The two characters that were secondary, but still awesome, were Haven and Miles. Miles and Haven were so quirky and lovable in this book. Haven is just like that friend that we've all had, she marches to the beat of her own drum but she'll do her best to always be there for you in the end. Damen, Damen, Damen. He was so dark and mysterious, though there were a few things about him that I did not care for such as when he's flirting with Stacia when he claims it was nothing as he was giving her white tulips which don't mean love, to me that means he was leading another girl on and then went to Ever. Though my favorite character was Riley. She could make you laugh, yell, or cry. She made the ending what it was and made me cry several times over.

All in all this book was a good read. The ending will make you cry, and the story will leave you waiting for the next book. I think the writing was good as well and the story was well planned as the author clearly knows where she wants to take this story and for those reasons, this book gets a 4/5 in my opinion.

PS: Here is the cover to North of Beautiful by Justina Chen Headley. The cover is just the same as Evermore.
.

You Might Also Like

2 comments

  1. OMG! I was just googling for images of the North of Beautiful cover, and my search found the Evermore cover and brought me here. They really are exactly the same photo!!! That is nuts. I wonder if that happens all the time?? Thanks for showing us!

    ReplyDelete
  2. yes it happens sometimes, just search something like cover twins and you'll get a ton of covers that are the same.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting! I love getting feedback or just say Hi!

Blog Lovin

Follow

Currently Reading

Walt Disney: An American Original

NetGalley

Professional Reader