Jessica's Guide To Dating On The Dark Side by Beth Fantaskey

3:27 PM

Title: Jessica's Guide to Dating On The Dark Side
Author: Beth Fantaskey
Publisher: Houghton Mifflin Books
Release: December 17, 2008
Rating: 5/5
Series: None
Pages: 351
Synopsis:
The undead can really screw up your senior year . . . Marrying a vampire definitely doesn't fit into Jessica Packwoods senior year get-a-life plan. But then a bizarre (and incredibly hot) new exchange student named Lucius Vladescu shows up, claiming that Jessica is a Romanian vampire princess by birth and hes her long-lost fiance. Armed with newfound confidence and a copy of Growing Up Undead: A Teen Vampires Guide to Dating, Health, and Emotions, Jessica makes a dramatic transition from average American teenager to glam European vampire princess. But when a devious cheerleader sets her sights on Lucius, Jess finds herself fighting to win back her wayward prince, stop a global vampire war and save Lucius's soul from eternal destruction.

Review:
You know how I found this book? You'll never guess. A Facebook advertisement. That's right. Facebook recommended me a book. How weird right? Right. And surprisingly enough, it was a awesome recommendation.

When Facebook first recommended this to me I had never heard of the book or the author. But I clicked the link and it took me to the Amazon page for the book and so I read the summary and thought 'Hey, this sounds kind of decent!'. i then decided I had a very poor memory, so I jotted down the title and author. After that, I didn't think about it until I was in a bookstore like 3 months after I first saw the ad and I jumped up and bought it right away. But that's enough for my story.

This book is so close to a parody but it's not quite. It has a serious story line making it a unique but funny blend you don't find in a lot of vampire books these days. This book also sports some great characters. The whole book no matter how Lucius acted I still majorly crushed on him. I like how he didn't easily give up on Jessica. The whole story has a really cool story line with the vampires living in Romania and the whole book just gives off a whole different vibe. I really enjoyed it and I think those of you who haven't read it will highly enjoy it.

You Might Also Like

1 comments

  1. Glad you liked this one. I did too. I somewhat wish there was more to the story, but at the same time I don't because it had just the right amount of sweet and cute to make me enjoy it. I really want to read the author's new book but gosh I have not gotten around to it :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting! I love getting feedback or just say Hi!

Blog Lovin

Follow

Currently Reading

Walt Disney: An American Original

NetGalley

Professional Reader