The Sapphire Talisman by Brenda Pandos

3:00 AM


The Sapphire Talisman (Talisman, #2)Title: The Sapphire Talisman 
Author: Brenda Pandos
Publisher: Obsidian Mountain Publishing
Release: December 15, 2010
Pages: 320
Series: Talisman #2
THANKS TO BRENDA PANDOS FOR THE REVIEW COPY.
Synopsis:

With the local vampire coven decimated, Julia and Nicholas try to begin a somewhat normal life together. Bound by secrecy from a shape shifter determined to see Julia’s world-saving prediction come to fruition, Julia isn’t allowed to tell Nicholas the leader survived, ransacking her happiness with guilt. When Alora returns, bent on revenge, the reunion forces Nicholas and Julia to choose what they are willing to live and die for.


Review:
After enjoying the first book of the series as much as I did, I began the second I could. All I can say is wow, that was even better than the first! Character-wise, I found myself enjoying this book even more than the first. Julia seemed more well rounded this time, focusing on herself as well as the well being of her friends and family. She also was able to shift her sights from Nicholas to others when things went darkly. I greatly enjoyed the secondary characters, they were all unique in their own rights and that made them very enjoyable.

The story moved even more rapidly than the first, utilizing characters in ways the reader couldn't foresee before they occurred. With the exceptional writing, the plot sped to a break neck speed with few slow spots in between. I enjoyed how there were no easy outs for the characters in harms way, they used wits and bravery to get through it all. Through and through, the quality of Brenda's writing was proved in this great second chapter to this series and for that I give it a 5/5.


You Might Also Like

0 comments

Thanks for commenting! I love getting feedback or just say Hi!

Blog Lovin

Follow

Currently Reading

Walt Disney: An American Original

NetGalley

Professional Reader