Author Interview Week: Day Six

1:00 AM


Day 6:

Who was your favorite character to write and why? Who was your least?

EJ:
Oh, I love writing from Vi’s point of view. She’s sarcastic, which I like, and she’s not afraid to say what’s on her mind, something I wish I could do. I do love to write scenes between Vi and Jag, because they have this way of dealing with each other that is complex and amusing.

BP:
Nicholas gave me a hard time in the Emerald Talisman. He started out aloof and quiet. He didn’t want to let anyone inside his hurting heart or head, including me. Not until Sapphire did he open up to me, and show us the darling that he is.

I also struggled with Ash in Everblue. Her personality was a little dry and she floundered in her self-esteem which made writing her story drab sometimes. Only after she figured out herself and took control of her life did I gain more confidence in writing her story. There’s always a ying to the yang in couples I’m starting to discover.

My baddies are super fun to write, especially when they do something really evil. There’s always a unique character that pops up too, like Enigma the cat, Harry, and Badger (Everblue). And the spunkiness of Ash’s Dad surprised me, and Phil… who doesn’t love a bad boy turned good. 

JM:
Besides Sam and Ana? Probably Stef. She's just fun and outgoing, and I like that she always just says what's on her mind. 

My least favorite characters to write are usually antagonists. They're so icky.

KP:
Jason was probably my favorite character to write because he’s just this deliciously broken, flirtatious bad boy. My least favorite character to write was a guy named Jimmy Tyler. I won’t tell you why because I don’t want to spoil the book.

JR:
Mason. I have such a love/hate relationship with him. I want to like him but he's so bloody emo half the time. He drives me nuts. Sometimes I just want to toss him off a bridge and be done with him.

JH:
Rollins... you'll see why. Least favorite is probably Scotch. You'll see that, too. ;)

LC:
Well, I don't want to give away anything yet. But I loved writing the main female character. She's so tough and fierce! I wouldn't want to get in a fight with her! I don't think I ever have a least favorite to write- just because every character is like a part of my family!


PM: All the characters are my favorite characters to write. How about I'll answer who was the funnest to write. Nara's quirky Grand Aunt was an absolute hoot to write! My least favorite character to write was probably Nara's mom. Not because I didn't like her. I wrote her the way she needed to be written, but sometimes wanted to shake her. LOL!

Everyday brings a new question, be back tomorrow!

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Thanks for commenting! I love getting feedback or just say Hi!

Blog Lovin

Follow

Currently Reading

Walt Disney: An American Original

NetGalley

Professional Reader