Passion by Lauren Kate

10:35 AM

Passion (Fallen, #3)Title: Passion
Author: Lauren Kate
Publisher: Delacorte Books for Young Readers
Release: June 14, 2011
Pages: 432
Series: Fallen #3
Synopsis:
"Every single lifetime, I'll choose you. Just as you have chosen me. Forever."

Luce would die for Daniel. And she has. Over and over again. Throughout time, Luce and Daniel have found each other, only to be painfully torn apart: Luce dead, Daniel left broken and alone. But perhaps it doesn’t need to be that way. . . .

Luce is certain that something—or someone—in a past life can help her in her present one. So she begins the most important journey of this lifetime . . . going back eternities to witness firsthand her romances with Daniel . . . and finally unlock the key to making their love last.

Cam and the legions of angels and Outcasts are desperate to catch Luce, but none are as frantic as Daniel. He chases Luce through their shared pasts, terrified of what might happen if she rewrites history.

Because their romance for the ages could go up in flames . . . forever.


Review:
I recently picked Passion up when I saw it at the store. I knew that I would be taking a risk as I did not care for the last book, Torment, but I read it and quite enjoyed it. The fact I loved most about this book was that Luce was going into her own past to find out who she and Daniel really are. Throughout this life changing learning experience, Luce learns that not everyone is as they seem and that she and Daniel do share something special. The disappointing aspects of this book were how repetitive it got, how little we get to see of characters other than Luce and Daniel and how long it took for anything to actually happen. Don't get me wrong, I enjoyed learning about their past loves, it got REALLY old because we just saw the same basic thing happen over and over in different settings for the first three quarters of the book. The writing was fairly descriptive, making all the historic settings seem unique. Altogether, Passion gets a 3.5/5 in my opinion for providing a good lead up to what is sure to be an epic final book in this series.

You Might Also Like

4 comments

  1. I like this because you've summed up what I thought it would be. Despite only liking the first 2 books (3/5 stars) I still really want to read this to find out what happens next in the story. Great, honest review- thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lots of 3.5 ratings for this one. I'm still pretty exited though, I really love the series ^-^

    http://blackfingernailedreviews.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wonderful review! I'm looking forward to seeing what Lauren Kate will bring in Rapture, even though I was slightly disappointed by both Torment and Passion.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks! I too can't wait for Rapture, to see what becomes of Luce and Daniel.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting! I love getting feedback or just say Hi!

Blog Lovin

Follow

Currently Reading

Walt Disney: An American Original

NetGalley

Professional Reader