Killer by Sara Shepard

5:34 PM

Title: Killer
Author: Sara Shepard
Publisher: Harper Teen
Release: July 1, 2009
Rating: 5/5
Pages: 321
Series: Pretty Little Liars #6
Synopsis:
In picture-perfect Rosewood, Pennsylvania, ash-blond highlights gleam in the winter sun and frozen lakes sparkle like Swarovski crystals. But pictures often lie— and so do Rosewood's four prettiest girls. 
Hanna, Aria, Spencer, and Emily have been lying ever since they became friends with beautiful Alison DiLaurentis. Ali made them do terrible things—things they had to keep secret for years. And even though Ali was killed at the end of seventh grade, their bad-girl ways didn't die with her. 
Hanna's on a mission to corrupt Rosewood's youth, starting with a very attractive sophomore. Aria's snooping into her boyfriend's past. Spencer's stealing— from her family. And pure little Emily's abstaining from abstinence. 
The girls should be careful, though. They thought they were safe when Ali's killer was arrested and A's true identity was finally revealed. But now there's a new A in town turning up the heat. And this time Rosewood is going to burn.


Review:
To start off, I would just like to say that this review might actually contain spoilers as this book is fairly far into the series, so those of you who haven't read the first five books might not want to continue on reading this review.


The writing in this book is great. It flows very well, despite the fact it's written in four different perspectives. The story never felt chopped together either which was great. And the fact that shocks me the most is that this is the sixth book in the series and it's still just as entertaining and great as the first couple books. Not many series can completely hold my attention as Pretty Little Liars has. Not to mention the twists that were in this book! I couldn't believe how many misfortunes these poor girls go through. The mystery is fascinating as well because of it's complexity. Though, the best part of the book was the end. The cliff hanger is incredible and it makes you want to have the next book ready to read right after you finish Killer.



I'm just going to come out and say it. A is my favorite character in this book. Now you may question my sanity when I say that. Let me explain why; you don't know who A is, but they are such an integral part of the book. I mean, if A wasn't there it would just be a story about a murder that happened just over 3 years ago. Not nearly as exciting right? The other characters are great because even though they lead 'perfect' lives, they are realistic with the problems that everyone has gone through at one point or another. 


I just adore  the covers of these books! They're just so bright and colorful and eye pleasing! Though, I think the cover of Killer is my favorite cover of all the books. Why? It's purple. And I really like the necklace that the doll on the front is wearing. That brings me to my next point, I really like the idea of comparing the four main characters to dolls. The comparison is accurate, they live the dream life: they have money, beauty and they live in a seemingly idealistic town. The perfect life like a doll's world. What's not to love? And on all the books one of the characters is always featured and this time round it's Hanna.

I think that this book would be definitely be an amazing read as a summer read or for just any time. Killer was a killer (bad pun, I'm sorry) read and I'm very excited to get started on the next book, Heartless. Overall, Killer gets a 5/5 for being a great book with a great storyline, good writing and twists that will have you on the edge of your seat the entire time that will make you beg for the next book.

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Thanks for commenting! I love getting feedback or just say Hi!

Blog Lovin

Follow

Currently Reading

Walt Disney: An American Original

NetGalley

Professional Reader