Small Review is running a new meme that will run December 3rd through December 31st.
Starting out as a new YA book blogger is a ton of fun. You meet a bunch of new people who all share in your passion for YA books, you become a part of a friendly community, and you're continually exposed to wonderful new books.
But sometimes things can be a little discouraging when you're just starting out. You look at your blog and then look at some of the awesome established bloggers out there and wonder if you'll ever make the grade.
So here's to Busting the Newbie Blues! Don't be discouraged. Instead, take action! Participate in my Busting the Newbie Blues event, which will run from December 3rd through December 31st.
This event is designed to:
- Put new YA book bloggers on the map
- Increase blogger interaction
- Start a discussion by sharing our experiences as a new bloggers
- Learn about what it was like for all those impressive established bloggers when they were newbies
1. When did you start your blog?
I started my blog this September, but I really got the ball rolling in October.
2. Why did you start your blog?
I started my blog to get my book opinion out there for others to read, plus my firends got tired of me ranting about books to them.
3. What has been the biggest challenge you’ve faced so far?
The biggest challenge has been getting myself out there so I can be heard by others.
4. What do you find most encouraging?
The fact that I know people are reading my reviews and when people give positive reviews it just warms my heart.
5.What do you like best about the blogs you read? Have you tried to replicate this in your blog?
I like about other blogs have great and quality reviews and a cool layout. I try and do the same thing and judging my feedback, it's working.
6. What do you dislike about blogs you’ve read? Do you try to avoid this?
I dislike a very busy layout. When there's things flashing and going off with noise and all, it bugs me so I tend to stay away from that.
7. Any advice for other new bloggers?
Don't give up! And also just because you have no followers, doesn't mean that no one is reading so remember to write like you're one of the big blogs out there.
8. Anything else you’d like to share about your experience?
I've had a great time and I have no intention of quitting anytime soon.
9. Is there anything you’d like to tell us about your blog?
My blog is majorly YA based and I'm always looking for reccomendations so please feel free to drop me a comment on what I should read next!
10. What do you find most discouraging about being a new blogger?
I find that when my page views go down, I get discouraged but then I remember that I write reviews for myself too and the page views will always go back up again.
Until Next Time,