Divergent by Veronica Roth

4:08 AM

Divergent (Divergent, #1)Title: Divergent
Author: Veronica Roth
Publisher: HarperCollins Children's Books
Release: May 3, 2011
Pages: 489
Series: Divergent #1
Synopsis:
Beatrice "Tris" Prior has reached the fateful age of sixteen, the stage at which teenagers in Veronica Roth's dystopian Chicago must select which of five factions to join for life. Each faction represents a virtue: Candor, Abnegation, Dauntless, Amity, and Erudite. To the surprise of herself and her selfless Abnegation family, she chooses Dauntless, the path of courage. Her choice exposes her to the demanding, violent initiation rites of this group, but it also threatens to expose a personal secret that could place in mortal danger. Veronica Roth's young adult Divergent trilogy launches with a captivating adventure about love and loyalty playing out under most extreme circumstances.

Review:
I know I was late jumping on the Divergent train, but after finally reading it, I found myself wishing I had read it much earlier. I found myself quite liking Beatrice from the beginning because she wasn't perfect, but she had the courage to make decisions and do what was right for her. I could really relate to her because of her imperfections and I looked up to her because of her bravery. My only problem with this book was that I found it to be a bit sluggish at points of the plot. The writing was great at describing the futuristic setting of the book as well as being informative on how Beatrice dealt with different situations throughout the course of the book. Overall, I would definitely recommend this book to anyone who enjoys distopian books. After all was said and done, I give Divergent a 4.5/5 for being a near perfect read.

You Might Also Like

2 comments

  1. Hi, just hopping through Follow Friday and found your blog! Thanks for reminding me of this book!
    You've got a new follower! :D
    -KindleJoy-/Norway

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting! I love getting feedback or just say Hi!

Blog Lovin

Follow

Currently Reading

Walt Disney: An American Original

NetGalley

Professional Reader