City of Ashes by Cassandra Clare

3:44 AM

City of Ashes (The Mortal Instruments Series #2)Title: City of Ashes
Author: Cassandra Clare
Publisher: Simon & Schuster Children's Publishing
Release: March 25, 2008
Pages: 464
Series: The Mortal Instrument #2
Synopsis:
As readers of series starter City of Bones already know, teenager Clary Fray is a Shadowhunter, a demon slayer who has the gift of spotting Downworlder werewolves, vampires, and faeries. She is also an adolescent in an abnormally dysfunctional family: Her mom is in a magically induced coma and her father is probably insane and undoubtedly evil. All of which places Clary in situations that would challenge even the most talented average American girl.

Review:
After reading City of Bones, I immediately dove into City of Ashes. And let me say, it was awesome! I did enjoy this one more than I did City of Bones because I felt more connected to the characters than I did initially because I knew more about them then before. It completely lived up to the reputation that City of Bones set. The writing was just as thought filled and descriptive, as is Cassandra Clare's style. The characters continued to grow into themselves and their relationships throughout the course of the book. After all was said and done, I would give City of Ashes a 4.5/5 for being a great sequel and for making me want not be able to wait until I can read the third book of the series.

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Thanks for commenting! I love getting feedback or just say Hi!

Blog Lovin

Follow

Currently Reading

Walt Disney: An American Original

NetGalley

Professional Reader