The Fault in Our Stars by John Green

12:00 AM


The Fault in Our StarsTitle: The Fault in Our Stars 
Author: John Green
Publisher: Dutton Books 
Release: January 10, 2012
Pages: 318
Series: No
Synopsis:

Diagnosed with Stage IV thyroid cancer at 13, Hazel was prepared to die until, at 14, a medical miracle shrunk the tumours in her lungs... for now. 

Two years post-miracle, sixteen-year-old Hazel is post-everything else, too; post-high school, post-friends and post-normalcy. And even though she could live for a long time (whatever that means), Hazel lives tethered to an oxygen tank, the tumours tenuously kept at bay with a constant chemical assault. 

Enter Augustus Waters. A match made at cancer kid support group, Augustus is gorgeous, in remission, and shockingly to her, interested in Hazel. Being with Augustus is both an unexpected destination and a long-needed journey, pushing Hazel to re-examine how sickness and health, life and death, will define her and the legacy that everyone leaves behind.

Review:
I promise, I'm going to keep this review short. I honestly don't believe that I could ever do it justice in a review, so I'll try to be quick. Upon hearing some of the biggest and best hype for a book that I've ever heard, I decided to pick it up and give it a fair shot. I hadn't even read a John Green book before (I know, crazy, right?) but I had to see what all the fuss was about. Half a box of tissues later and I had discovered one of my new favorite books (only tied with the Hunger Games) and a brand new author to enjoy. I loved the book to pieces, it just had everything going for it; amazingly well thought out characters, a plot that didn't tip toe around real life trials with cancer and stellar writing to back the entire thing up. The main characters were Hazel and Augustus. Neither were anywhere near perfect, but it was their imperfections that made them so perfect to read about. The secondary characters were amazing too, they were written as well as the main characters and weren't ever lacking in characteristics or background stories. The characters also had their own habits and mannerisms that made them more realistic and enjoyable.

As I said before, the writing was gorgeous. It was well thought out and amazing. The plot never truly stopped, it continued moving, but it wasn't action in the physical sense, it was in the emotional sense. The character fights were against death and cancer, some won, others didn't. It was the author's fearlessness with his characters was great as well, he used them in ways that will pull any readers heartstrings with ease. Words cannot properly convey how much I love this book. I would recommend this book to anyone. Just anyone, especially those who are looking for a powerful read. I give it an infinite score- I honestly cannot give it a regular score due to how much I love it.


You Might Also Like

1 comments

  1. I love this book! Make sure you read "Looking for Alaska" (by John Green) -- it's so good, too. It's one of the books I credit with hooking me on YA lit!

    Thanks for the great review! :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting! I love getting feedback or just say Hi!

Blog Lovin

Follow

Currently Reading

Walt Disney: An American Original

NetGalley

Professional Reader