Prophecy of the Sisters by Michelle Zink

2:22 AM

Prophecy of the Sisters (Prophecy of the Sisters, #1)Title: Prophecy of the Sisters
Author: Michelle Zink
Publisher: Little, Brown Books for Young Readers
Release: July 1, 2010
Pages: 343
Series: Prophecy of the Sisters #1
Synopsis:
In Michelle Zink's debut novel, orphaned twin sister Lia and Alice Milthorpe are yoked together in an ancient prophecy that makes them enemies and could destroy them both. If Lia can break this familial curse, she can not only save her relationship with her beloved boyfriend; she can finally resolve the mystery behind her parents' death.

Review:
I hadn't heard much about this book when I decided to pick it up, the only thing I knew was that my friend enjoyed it and suggested it to me. When I began reading it, I quickly learned that it was historical fantasy, the fantasy was no surprise, but the historical part was. There are very few occasions where historical fiction works for me, but unfortunately this was not one of them. I simply could not get into the rhythm of the writing and story, they were on the bland side of things in my opinion. To add to my problem, I didn't enjoy the characters at all. Alice flopped between enjoyable and and boring, nice and evil. Lia on the other hand, seemed very bland at all times to me, she never really took any big risks. Throughout this book the characters are on a path of learning about their destinies with very little conflict, setting up for the sequel as well as trying to fill the reader in on key information. The point of view is that of Lia alone, not Alice, who I wish got her story told instead of simply relying on Lia to tell the story. Overall, I was disappointed by this novel because of it's lack of the ability to grab my attention, for that reason, I give it a 2/5.

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Thanks for commenting! I love getting feedback or just say Hi!

Blog Lovin

Follow

Currently Reading

Walt Disney: An American Original

NetGalley

Professional Reader