The Iron Queen by Julie Kagawa

4:40 PM

Title: The Iron Queen
Author: Julie Kagawa
Publisher:  Harlequin Teen
Release: January 25, 2011 
Pages: 358
Series: The Iron Fey #3
Synopsis:
My name is Meghan Chase.
I thought it was over. That my time with the fey, the impossible choices I had to make, the sacrifices of those I loved, was behind me. But a storm is approaching, an army of Iron fey that will drag me back, kicking and screaming. Drag me away from the banished prince who's sworn to stand by my side. Drag me into the core of conflict so powerful, I'm not sure anyone can survive it.
This time, there will be no turning back.

Review:
After reading The Iron King and The Iron Daughter back to back, I was left counting down the days until I could get my hands on The Iron Queen. When the day finally came when I could get my own copy I rejoiced to finally be able to find out what happened to the whole cast of characters. And then I sat down and read. Fast.

The cover of The Iron Queen is just gorgeous! I mean look at it! Is there any other word you can use? Anyway, the cover of The Iron Queen follows the same theme as the other two books in the trilogy. It has the glossy vines (this time with flowers not thorns), the same cover model and the same font, but this time it's hot pink. I love how colourful this cover is and how swirly the letters are with the vines. It comes together quite nicely, especially with the extra little pop of colour that the model's blue eyes provide. It was the perfect conclusion cover for the series.

Have I ever mentioned that I adore Julie Kagawa's writing? If I haven't, I should have. The writing in this book is so awesome. Julie can effectively combine humour and seriousness without ruining a scene. That's talent right there. She seems to have a knack for creating great settings as well because all of the aspects of both worlds (fey and human) were very well thought out. Plus, there was a killer romance aspect to the story as well as the action packed part. The storyline was just as thought about as well. It twisted and turned like no other and it made for an amazing read. Then there's the ending. Shocker would be an understatement, because never in a million years did I see that coming. The end left me shocked for days and wondering what would happen to the characters now that the series was over. How would we ever know? I sure hope that The Iron Knight will be a continuation of the series but in Ash's perspective, so we can find out what happens!

The characters of The Iron Queen have grown so much since the days of The Iron King. They have all grown in themselves, their relationships plus they've gotten a better idea of what fate (or Julie Kagawa) has in store for them. What Team am I once and for all, you may ask. Drum roll please: Team Ash. I started out Team Ash, but I wavered during the Iron Daughter. Now I am firmly Team Ash, though I do like Puck as well, but just as a friend for Meghan, not a love interest. Meghan went through a lot in this series and especially in this book. She has had to face things she wouldn't have dreamed of before she knew of the Fey's existence. And then my favorite character, Grim. He's a talking cat with attitude. What more can you ask for in a character?

I would be crazy to give this epic conclusion to The Iron Fey Trilogy anything but a 5/5. It effectively kept readers on the edges of their seats the entire time and it had a killer romance aspect to boot. If you haven't read this book or the series yet, what are you waiting for? Run, and go get them because they are just plain awesome.

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Thanks for commenting! I love getting feedback or just say Hi!

Blog Lovin

Follow

Currently Reading

Walt Disney: An American Original

NetGalley

Professional Reader