Crescendo by Becca Fitzpatrick

5:46 PM

Title: Crescendo
Author: Becca Fitzpatrick
Publisher: Simon & Schuster Children's Publishing
Release: October 19, 2010
Pages: 427
Series: Hush, Hush #2
Synopsis:
Nora Grey's life is still far from perfect. Surviving an attempt on her life wasn't pleasant, but at least she got a guardian angel out of it: a mysterious, magnetic, gorgeous guardian angel. But, despite his role in her life, Patch has been acting anything but angelic. He's more elusive than ever and even worse, he's started spending time with Nora's arch-enemy, Marcie Millar.

Nora would have hardly noticed Scott Parnell, an old family friend who has moved back to town, if Path hadn't been acting so distant. Even with Scott's totally infuriating attitude Nora finds herself drawn to him - despite her lingering feeling that he's hiding something.

Haunted by images of her murdered father, and questioning whether her nephilim bloodline has anything to do with his death, Nora puts herself increasingly in dangerous situations as she desperately searches for answers. But maybe some things are better left buried, because the truth could destroy everything - and everyone - she trusts.


Review:
I just got Crescendo about half a week ago, though I unfortunately couldn't jump into it right away because of how busy I was at the time. But when I finally could get started, I wasted no time getting into it. And then it took me all of two days to finish it. I'm still thinking about what happened now. WARNING: SOME MINOR SPOILERS BELOW!!!

Okay, did anyone else see the other picture that was shot that was just like the cover of Crescendo? It was a promotional picture or something and it was really awesome. If you didn't here it is and look at PATCH! He may be one of my favorite YA cover models out there! Anyways, the cover on Crescendo is one I really adore for many reasons. Firstly, it matches Hush, Hush fairly well with the color scheme and the cloudy weather theme, though this time its raining and there's lightning, also the title text is the same as the first. Secondly I love the little hint of color in the feather and the author's name. Thirdly, the pose of the cover model is very intriguing as it makes you wonder what she's looking at. It's eye catching and intriguing.

The characters in this book were great, though I didn't agree with some of their actions. The one part of the book I didn't like had to do with the characters actions in the fact that Nora and Vee would break into people's houses for their own gain. Other than that we have the same great cast of characters as in Hush, Hush apart from one new character: Scott. Scott was a character that I didn't care for in the beginning, though as the book went on, he slowly grew on me. He seemed like a bit of a jerk at the beginning, then you realize he can't help it and you feel bad for him and you look past his hard exterior. There were some other characters as well that I found myself not liking as much until towards the end when you find out that it was all only set up to seem that way, that they didn't mean to treat one another that way. I found the characters to be addicting in this novel as Nora was always interesting to read about with her troubles slowly threatening to ruin her life. Vee was fun as a best friend character because I just love her faithfulness to Nora, she will never let Nora down. And then there's Patch. He was just as dark and edgy as in Hush, Hush which was pleasing that he wasn't turning all goody two shoes. Oh yeah, he's still amazing-ly hot in this book!

The story in Crescendo was one that kept me guessing until the end. I really loved it. All the twists and turns that popped up that you didn't see coming until they hit were amazing! It was so unpredictable in the best way possible! And if you couple that with the great writing skills of Becca Fitzpatrick, you get this amazing book that is hard to put down and when you do, you're still thinking about it. One thing that I found in Crescendo that I didn't expect to find, and was pleasantly surprised by, was the bits of humor that got thrown in from time to time. Altogether, the writing was great and so was the plot.

I would have to say, in this case, the sequel was just as good as the first book. I don't say that often, but I really liked Crescendo a lot. When you pile together it's speedy plot, it's addictive characters and it's great writing you most definately get a 4.5/5 in my books.

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Thanks for commenting! I love getting feedback or just say Hi!

Blog Lovin

Follow

Currently Reading

Walt Disney: An American Original

NetGalley

Professional Reader