Linger by Maggie Stiefvater

1:54 PM

Title: Linger
Author: Maggie Stiefvater
Publisher: Scholastic Press
Release: July 13, 2010
Rating: 3/5
Pages: 362
Series: Wolves of Mercy Falls #2
Synopsis:
In Maggie Stiefvater's Shiver, Grace and Sam found each other. Now, in Linger, they must fight to be together. For Grace, this means defying her parents and keeping a very dangerous secret about her own well-being. For Sam, this means grappling with his werewolf past . . . and figuring out a way to survive into the future. Add into the mix a new wolf named Cole, whose own past has the potential to destroy the whole pack. And Isabelle, who already lost her brother to the wolves . . . and is nonetheless drawn to Cole.


Review:
Linger is the sequel to Shiver. Shiver was OK and I wanted to know what happened next so I picked up Linger right away. I started Linger. I read 18 pages. I stopped Linger. I went back two months later to finish it and did so successfully. And that's my story of how I got Linger.

The cover of Linger is my favorite part of the whole book. It's following the same theme as the first with the all green colour scheme in the text inside and on the cover, but the cover has a slightly different picture. I really like the font for the title that's used, as I said about Shiver. I also like the little blood splat that dots the 'i' of the title. It also stays consistent with the first book in that way as well.

The writing in this book, and the first one for that matter, are just too poetic and lyrical for my tastes. I really didn't care for the way that Sam was always coming up with bits and pieces of songs about Grace all the time. It just threw me off a little bit and I didn't really care for it that much. That kind of writing is actually one of my least favorites unfortunately. I really have never cared for poetry at all and this book was getting a little too close to poetry for my liking. But the story in this book was interesting and it does make me want to read the last book, Forever, when it comes out. And the ending really was something. It built up from the start of the book just to have a cliffhanger of equal value to the one at the end of Shiver.

The characters in this book did stay pretty much the same as how they were in the first book other than some growth in relationships and introducing of new characters. Though this story was told from four different points of view instead of the two that were used in Shiver. At times the multiple points of view did make the story a little choppy, but for the most part it didn't really take away from the story all that much.

So overall the cover and the storyline were my favorite parts of this book. I will be reading Forever when it comes out but until then, linger got a 3/5 in my opinion.

You Might Also Like

1 comments

  1. Awesome review! Now, I'm really dying to read Linger. Shiver is one of my favorite novels. And to be able to see what I could expect from Linger, just makes me more eager to read it.
    Janitorial Services Bellevue outfit

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting! I love getting feedback or just say Hi!

Blog Lovin

Follow

Currently Reading

Walt Disney: An American Original

NetGalley

Professional Reader